Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lightning and electronics (like a hairdryer and bathtub)

This past weekend we were hit by lightning and lost some technological conveniences. Our computer, the air conditioner, the sound system, two speakers and two phones. The air has been restored and we are borrowing a computer from work. The electrician is coming tomorrow to confirm the damage so the insurance can help us out. So, there will probably be no new pics for a little while. While it's been a little inconvenient, I just look at it as a natural example of the power of God moving in our household to make us more like Him! In all things, give thanks!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Josh is so jealous your A/C got knocked out by lightning because he wants OUR A/C to get knocked out so we can get a new unit. Okay, so he's really NOT jealous. We had lightning hit a tree outside our house in NC and it zapped a few weird things (doorbell, answering machine, bedside lamp). I'm glad everyone was okay, though. I may go through withdrawals from no pictures but I guess I can survive. :)

Shannon said...

Are you guys with A/C and all, yet? Oh, and thanks for being so sweet and leaving comments on my kids' blogs, they just love it!