Thursday, May 21, 2009

If I listen close enough...

I've realized lately that I'm too much in a hurry with all the things that I have in my head to get done and when the day settles down and I actually have time to think. I think about all the unfinished conversations that I've had with the boys. Last night, as I was saying goodnight to them and trying to get out the door to see the last five minutes of American Idol, I was peppered with "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom... and one more thing... can we have a dog". I cracked up as I was going down the stairs at how they pull out all of their thoughts and feelings from the day to talk about in that five minutes. I also realized that I need to let them know just how precious that is to me. I'm glad they want to talk to me about everything that crosses their minds, I need to slow down and listen more often. So, today, I'm giving it more effort!

No comments: