I took Titus on a little road trip today to visit my Grandpa in the Hospice House. It is always nice to take them out one at a time and give them a chance to have the floor to talk without interruption. I learned several things today about Titus and what he thinks of the world.
First of all, he thinks the word "kids" only refers to boys. Girls are girls and kids are boys! He was emphatic and could not be talked out of it. I guess this is a great example of how we base our beliefs on our experience only sometimes... since he's in a house of boys and hears me calling them 'kids' from time to time, that must be what that word means. I asked him about our friend, Ms. Jenn who has seven of her own and some of both genders. He said that she has "girls and kids." I hope you all are enlightened!
Okay, on to number two. He wanted to know what we were having for dinner. I told him about the fabulous vegie soup we made. He said he was not going to eat it. I explained that he needed to eat it so he could get all the nutrients out of the vegies so he could grow big and strong. He asked me about the nutrients so i told him what that was, that it gives your body vitamins and minerals. He then explained that he doesn't like minerals. After trying to explain that minerals taste yummy when you get them from yummy vegies, he said, "what about my oldtrients"? I about lost it! He didn't care about "newtrients", he cared about "oldtrients" and then he said, what do we do with an 'old tree'? Oh my goodness! I love this kid.
Now, on to the next one... this is just sweet! I asked him what he is going to do when he is a daddy. He said he's going to drive a truck like Uncle Tom, one with a tool box in the back and go to a job. I asked him what will he do at his job, he said, 'you know, Stewart Engineering' like daddy, as if there was no other job in the world. I love how their vision is limited but focused on only what he sees his daddy doing! I know this will pass, as his brothers have grown out of that stage, but how precious it is!
The moral of the story is: Our expectations for life should not be based on experience only.
My little T will be four soon and he will grow up. But I will treasure this time with him while his world is me and his daddy and three brothers! It goes too fast!
2 comments:
Oh, you'll be so glad you kept a record of those cute little things, how precious! The "oldtrients" part reminded me of how Mychael thought for awhile that the opposite old (as in old woman) was new, instead of young. I'm not so new anymore, myself!
So cute. I love how their little minds work; they're amazing.
Post a Comment