
Aren't they just wonderful!
We spent some time today talking, we decided to have the day at home and skip church. We asked the boys, if they had a $500.00 gift card to Lowes, what would they buy. It was interesting to hear what they thought of and then how they helped each other think of other things. Then they planned what they would buy if they were daddies, because it would be a lawn mower instead of a tree house (wood, hammer and nails to build one). It was a priceless moment of connection. We also talked about how each of their births happened and told special memories that Lance and I have from each delivery. They loved it and pulled out pictures and video to look at it further. It is good to just add another seal on their hearts of how much we love them, think of them and treasure them!
On a side note, today would have been Grandma Murph's birthday (5/25). She left us a few weeks ago and I just wanted to remember her too! What a lovely grandmother we had, there was always laughter, always sweet tea and always a soap opera on. I remember most her spunky spirit with her garden and her chickens. Never did a snake come in that she didn't throw it out, literally. When we lived with them for about six months, Grandma was my roommate. I had never shared a room before because I only had brothers. Each night, Grandma would lay in bed talking and talking and talking. I thought I'd never get to sleep (and I had school the next morning). Of course, I didn't really mind, but I was surprised at how chatty she got at nighttime. I also remember her melt in your mouth pot roast. I've since learned that the trick was a roasting bag and MSG. Boy, was it good!! There are too many memories to list this late at night, but... Thanksgiving dinners with cousins, hot summer days in the garden, the smell of cigarettes and speariment gum, the monkey, vinyl chairs at the dining table and solataire, the train, big wooden porch with a swing, skinny biscuits, cleaning up the dishes before opening gifts on Christmas morning... and it could go on and on.
It was a really nice day! Go hug someone you love and smile a little more often. It really is with joy that we draw water out of the wells of salvation.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry about your grandma, Sharon, I had no idea! I soooo cherish my last living grandparent, my dad's mom, they really are special, aren't they? She sounded like she was really full of life...
Post a Comment