“You know it’s Monday” poem:
Composed: 7-16-07
Author: Sharon harried sleep deprived Williams
The minute you open your eyes you are changing three poopy diapers in a row
Then it’s time to clean up the two year old’s first morning pee from your bedroom carpet,
(have breakfast and read a while)
Only to be followed up with a big huge exodus of tinkle water overflowing from the toilet
(which wouldn’t be there if you had gotten to the toilet before your helpful two year old could flush it one more time)
Send the seven year old to find every towel available to soak it up (even if that includes a bath rug),
Keep yelling at your five year old to stay in the shower until he’s finished (and stop slamming the door)
Carry the massive load of stinky wet towels to the laundry room and then
Mop the floor.
Once completed, get the soaking wet kids from the tub and shower,
Dry them and dress them,
Only to watch them get as dirty as possible before their afternoon check up at the pediatrician’s office.
Did I mention that there’s a newborn in the house?
1 comment:
You have those days, too? And I thought I was overwhelmed with two girls (who can get just as dirty as boys, believe me). I hope things are going better now. And by better, I mean tinkle water is staying where it should (in the toilet AND the boy). Don't you love it everything happens at once?!
Post a Comment