Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Parenting

~parenting~

Will my one year old scream and cry, sobbing, to vacuum when he's 15?
Will my six year old remember to ask for forgiveness from his brother when he's 12?
Will my four year old continue to scream like he's dying when someone offends him when he's in college?
In ten years, will I still have a child climbing in my bed at 7am crying, "please come down stairs with me, i want you to come".
What I expect, if I've done enough right, is that in ten to fifteen years, there will be a big boy climbing in my bed asking me to get up with him, just to spend time together. My four year old will still scream for justice, but for those who can't scream for themselves. My six year old will be uncompromising in his morals. And yes, I will have a 15 year old sobbing for his turn to vacuum!
Thank you Lord for my children!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon - your insight couldn't have come at a more perfect time for me...I just laughed with tears running down my face. Asa spent the day jamming the DVD player with Bob the Builder, testing out his new incisors on my arm and leg and throwing the worlds best tantrum on the changing table. Not to mention the fact that it is 9:45pm he has gotten up twice since going to bed at 7pm and he hasn't stopped laughing, making silly noises, shouting or slowing down a bit! I look forward to enjoying the return on my investment too!