My ever so smooth day just got smoother at the sound of my five year old saying, with near panic, "Mom, there's a lizard in the dining room!!" "WHAT!!" came out of my mouth in a tone that said he had something to do with it. When i started to investigate, sure enough, there was a slippery, slimey, fast moving lizard running around my dining room! Now, I know they are not slippery and slimey, but they appear to be and my imagination runs wild in these situations. So, I proceed to yell to Jonah to get me his fishing net. Running as fast as possible, he throws it to me as I keep my eyes on this little varmit to make sure he doesn't run up my leg or something. (and, wouldn't you know I'm barefoot). Finally, I captured it in the net, but then what. So Josiah gets a book to slide under it to pick it up and get it outside. No good, there's hole in the bottom of the net and he will slip right out. So, maybe we can get him in a box. Well, he escaped going from the net to the box. Now, why didn't he just run right in?? Out of the net and under the piano he went. I start moving the piano (just call me She-Woman). The whole time, I'm saying under my breath, "I don't like this job". I'm not setting a good example for my BOYS either by screaming every time it moves. I noticed they were screaming along with me. Anyway, after moving the piano to the middle of the room and watching as the lizard runs back under it, I called for reinforcements. Josiah dialed my neighbor's number and said as he left a message, "come help my Mommy, we have a lizard in the house!" (Atleast it wasn't a fire!) When they got the message, two minutes later, she sent her lizard catching king right over. He's five years old and never shys away from an opportunity to touch some living thing from the wild. So, as I pulled the piano away yet again, the lizard was exposed and little lizard catching King from next door grabbed him. We all let out our best cheers and I, very loudly, encouraged him to get it out the door before it slipped out of his hands and the chase continued!
Whew, I'm glad that's over!!! It's never dull around here!
1 comment:
Yikes, I'd be yelling too! :) And I'd have to deal with 3 cats and a dog trying to "catch" the lizard at the same time. Glad everything turned out okay.
Post a Comment